Thursday, July 21, 2022

Marc Jacobs The Tote Review

 You've probably seen this bag all over the place. 
I feel like it really started gaining popularity last Spring. 
Now that I've had it for a little over a year I thought I would write a review on it. 
Let me just start this review by saying I absolutely love this bag. 
When I was browsing Marc Jacobs in NYC last Spring I was immediately drawn to this bag. I initially liked the smaller one because it had the crossbody strap. Ultimately, I decided to go with the bigger one just knowing myself and what I would use more. I am so glad I did because this really has been my go-to bag.
I love a large bag that can hold all my things and this one definitely checks that box. It can hold so much stuff. Maybe even too much stuff. I used it as a travel bag last fall and it was pretty heavy with the amount of things I crammed in there. I also plan to use it as my work bag when it's time to go back in the office this Fall. Being a new mom you could also use it as a diaper bag. Although if you choose to do so, I highly suggest you get this insert to organize everything.
I also love that it has the zip closure so you can make sure your things are secure. (That's my biggest negative on bags like my LV Neverfull.) 
The straps are also nice and long, which makes it easy to carry. You don't feel like it's super bulky and stuck in your armpit. I feel like this is especially great when you have a lot of stuff in there. 
I think one of the best things about this bag is that it comes in a ton of color options and they are constantly coming out with more. It also comes in different materials. Mine is the canvas material, but I also really love the leather one and the sherpa one they did last Fall/Winter.
Overall, I would highly recommend this bag to anyone looking for a large tote that doesn't break the bank. I feel like this is a classic designer bag for a fraction of the price some other large tote style bags cost. 
My one knock would be if you get the color and material option I went with (Beige canvas) make sure you scotch guard it. Especially if you plan to use it in an everyday setting or for travel. I would honestly scotch guard any color if you get the canvas material.





If you are in the market for this bag I hope you found this review helpful. I honestly found myself reaching for this bag more than my Neverfull last Fall. (Granted I only have the MM so this bag is much larger.) 
Let me know if you have any questions about The Tote and I would be more than happy to answer them. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment