Tuesday, April 26, 2016

LWD (Little White Dress)

Hey y’all!
So we all have our favorite LBD (little black dress), but I also love a good LWD (little white dress) and think it’s a great alternative in the spring and summer months.
 I have more than a couple in my closet and I am always on the lookout for more. When shopping for white dresses there’s a few things to keep in mind, as white can present some challenges. (These are good tips to keep in mind when buying anything white.) For starters, many white dresses are ETREMELY sheer! Don’t let this discourage you from a dress, just be aware. I like to check the dress out in very bright light to test this. If it is sheer, invest in a good slip and you’ll be good to go. Another thing to be aware of with white clothing, especially if it’s on the tighter side is that it is NOT forgiving. If black conceals everything white does the exact opposite. With that being said, don’t be afraid to go up a size when it comes to white.
I love adding bright accessories to white dresses. I think it gives them a real summery feel as you can see below with my teal statement earrings and pink lips.
Unfortunately, my dress is no longer available but I have linked a TON of other LWD options below.












Dress: Old (similar here, love thisthisthis, and this) | Bag: Nordstrom | Sunnies: Rayban | Shoes: Lulus currently out of stock (available here) | Earrings: H&M not available online (similar here) | Lipstick: Urban Decay currently out of stock (available here *all Urban Decay Lipsticks are currently 50% off making them a steal at only $11)


I appreciate you stopping by and hope you find the perfect LWD for your summer parties!

Today I'm linking up with Walking in Memphis in High Heels &  The Fashion Canvas for the trend spin linkup! 

No comments:

Post a Comment