Thursday, January 20, 2022

Spanx Leather Leggings... Maternity

 Y'all know I love the Spanx leather leggings.
I think I bought them about 3 or 4 years ago during the Nordstrom sale and they are probably my most worn bottoms during the winter. 
Naturally, since I'm pregnant, I had to try out the maternity version.
I've worn them a handful of times now so I thought I would give you a little review in case you too are pregnant and debating on whether or not to get them. 
Let's start with price. I don't love that they are $12 more than the regular version. However, you will quickly learn that pregnancy is like planning a wedding... people jack the price up on everything. That being said, $12 isn't a lot at the end of the day. I just feel like most women who are purchasing the maternity pair already own the regular pair. I was lucky enough to snag mine during Black Friday for 20% off too. 
Sizing
I heard a lot of different things when it came to sizing. 
Some said to stick with you regular size and some said to go up one. One of my friends said her girlfriend even went up 2 or 3 sizes. 
Ultimately, I decided to go up 1 size. (I'm normally a medium and opted for the large.)
The main reason I did this is because when I'm not pregnant I like my Spanx leggings to be TIGHT! That's kinda what they are meant for. I like that they really suck me in and slim my hips. 
Being pregnant I definitely don't like anything being overly tight. I figured opting for one size up would be the perfect fit and I was right. 
If you already take the advice of most and size up in the regular Spanx leather leggings I think you would be fine getting your "normal" size.
I hope all that makes sense. 
Styling
These are so easy to style! You can dress them up or keep things a bit more casual. I clearly opted for casual here with my oversize sweatshirt and sneakers. 
You'll quickly learn the major key with a lot of maternity bottoms is a longer top. Because the fabric can be different from the hips up, you want to ensure that it is covered. 

That brings me to my only con. The material they use to go over your belly is very thin. It reminds me of panty hose. You obviously want something stretchy, but I feel like because it's so thin I am constantly pulling them up. I wish they had gone with a thicker legging like material. Obviously not faux leather, but just regular spandex legging material.












Top: Abercrombie *currently 20% off* | Leggings:Spanx | Shoes: Nike | Socks: Nike | Sunnies: Quay Australia | Lips: NYX Lip Liner in Nude Suede Shoes with Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick  & Lip Lustre Lip Gloss in Pillow Talk

Since that's my only complaint, I would still highly recommend them. 
I can promise you that if I was working in my office still I would probably own 2 pairs of these because I would be wearing them almost every day. 
Hopefully this helps if you have been debating. 
Feel free to shoot me an email or leave a comment if you have any other questions about these. 







No comments:

Post a Comment