Tuesday, February 16, 2016

January Glam Bag

Hey y’all!
I was supposed to get this post up yesterday but ended up being in bed sick all day. L
Anyway, today I am reviewing the products I received in my January Glam bag from Ipsy.
First up is Pixi by Petra Mesmerizing Mineral Duo in Lavender Bloom. I really like this eye shadow duo. There is a bronze and purple color and I really like them both. The bronze is great for everyday wear whether all over the lid or as an accent on the crease or outer corner. I love the purple because I do a purple smoky eye from time to time to pop my green eyes and this is a great addition to that.
 The second thing in my glam bag was the Balm Cosmetics Mr. Write (Now) in Jac B. Bronze. I like how easy it goes on and it seems to have some staying power. The only downside to this is that it’s gold eyeliner so; it’s not something I would use very often. I think it looks best used at the inner corners, if doing a gold or bronze eye look.
Third is Lasting Smiles Lip Balm in Peppermint Crème. If you’ve read any of my reviews before about lip balm, it’s that I don’t really use it. I have a night repair lip balm, which I swear by, and I stick to it religiously. I like the smell of this and will probably throw it in my bag in case I’m ever in dire need of lip balm.
 Number four is tréSiQue Mini Concealer Crayon in Bisque. The color is good but I am not a big fan of the formula. I like creamy formulas that blend well and don’t crack. This one really did not do the trick. Plus since I have pretty bad under eye circles, I tend to be somewhat picky about my concealer. I would potentially use this for the occasional blemish.
 The fifth and final thing I received in the January Glam bag was pur~lisse BLUE LOTUS 4-in-1 Eye Adore Serum. Let me start by saying I love under eye serums and I am always open to trying new ones. This one however, I have used once and won’t be using again. The formula reminded me of an ointment and I really felt like it didn’t do much of anything. I was a little disappointed because other pur~lisse products I have used I love.
 All and all this bag was not the best for me. Sometimes you get all great things in your bag and sometimes you don’t. I just love it because it introduces me to new brands and products and in turn, I get to introduce y’all to new brands and products.
I hope this was helpful in some way, shape or form.









Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment