Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Play!

Hey guys!
Last month I received my first Play! box, and today I am going to tell you all about it. If you aren’t familiar with Play! It’s Sephora’s monthly subscription box. You receive 5 deluxe samples and a bonus fragrance sample all wrapped up in a cute little bag. You also receive a playbook telling you all about the items and a play pass you can take to your local Sephora to learn more about the products and how to use them. All of this for only $10 a month (plus tax), is a great deal. If you aren’t on the wait list, yet I highly suggest putting your name on there ASAP! 










Now let’s move onto the review of the actual products.
First up is Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Kimchi . Y’all I cannot say enough good things about this lipstick. It is extremely moisturizing and the color pay-off is amazing. Sometimes I feel like you have to sacrifice one for the other when it comes to lipstick but that is definitely not the case with this formula. I will definitely be buying more colors of this in the future. I have my eye on Rouge Berry, Gin Fizz, and Sorbet.
Next up is another lip product from Tarte called Tarteist Lip Crayon in Latergram . Unfortunately, I didn’t have as good of luck with this one. It was a little hard to apply since I like to apply my lip liner all over. It also breaks very easily. I think there are better options out there for better price points.
Moving on to skin care there was an Origins Maskimizer Skin-Optimizing Mask Primer . This stuff came with 2 Origin masks too. It seemed to work well. You spritz it on before you apply your mask to kind of prime your skin. I used it with the Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask  and it made my skin feel really clean and soft. Hard to say if it would have been as good without the maskimizer but I liked it overall.
Next up in skin care was Korres Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial. This stuff is AMAZING! First of all, it smells so good. I usually don’t like really strong scented things but, this is strong but not over whelming. I also noticed a difference in the first few nights I used it. My skin looks clearer and brighter. In addition, my skin feels so soft. This will probably be a purchase when I run out of my sample.
The last true sample was Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask . This stuff seemed to work well. I used it right after I got my hair colored and trimmed so it’s hard to say if it truly worked magic but my hair felt really healthy. You can use it 2 different ways, which is nice. You can use it in the shower and leave in for 5-10 min or if you think, your hair really needs help you can leave it on for 20 minutes and wrap your hair.
Bonus Sample.
My fragrance sample this month was Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine Cologne Absolue Pure Perfume. I can’t use perfume but this stuff smells really, really good. I’ve sprayed it in my room while I’m working or watching TV. I would definitely consider buying it, if I could wear perfume (and if the price point was a little lower.K)
Overall, I was extremely happy with my first month of Play! I can’t wait to get my next box. I would recommend this over ipsy although I still have that subscription too.

Have you tried any of these products? If so what did you think? Let me know in the comment section.

No comments:

Post a Comment