Thursday, October 12, 2017

Walking Shoes

Happy Thursday friends!
I’m kinda, sorta, just a little bit starting to get back into the swing of things after my weeklong trip.
I had the best time; however, I’m sad to report this will be my last post with NYC as my backdrop. (Other than when I put together my travel diary.) I always go on vacation with the best of intentions and highest of hopes to shoot as many outfits as possible. However, I always get caught up and end up with one maybe two outfits if I’m lucky. I promise to work on this.
Anyway, let’s talk about today’s outfit. This day J and I went to the Statue of Liberty. Since I knew the day would involve a TON of walking (as most days do in NYC), comfy shoes were totally necessary. Thankfully sneakers and slides have been such a trend lately, and I’m sure all big city girls are very thankful for that!
I wanted to keep the rest of my outfit pretty low-key, since I knew it would be a long day, and it was unseasonably warm! (I didn’t wear this jacket at all that day other than for the photos.)
These jeans are amazing. They come in a million different colors, and I recommend them all! I’ve also linked some similar tanks since this one is sold out.












Tank: Nordstrom sold out (similar herehere, high end here but LOVE) | Jeans: Old Navy (also love these & these) | Jacket: Dillard's | Shoes: Steve Madden old (identical here & here love thesethesethesethese, & these have and love these) | Purse: Michael Kors old (similar here & here) | Sunnies: Nordstrom (Sold out in my color, but love the color I linked!) | Necklace: Gift (similar here) | Lipstick: Smashbox Always On Matte Lipstick in Driver Seat (It says warm pink online, but it shows up more like a burnt orange on me.)


As I said above, I plan on doing a complete NYC travel guide but, if you are heading there soon I highly suggest the Statue of Liberty. It was my first time and it was really cool. Also as a heads up, buy your tickets as far in advance as possible. I got ours about 2 months in advance and could only get pedestal; which sadly means, we didn’t get to go to the crown. (I’ll share more about the our experience in the travel diary.)
I hope you have a great Thursday and an even better weekend!
What are your plans?
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment