Friday, February 22, 2019

AirPods Review

This post is long overdue. I've had my AirPods for almost 2 months now and I'm finally sitting down to review them. When I first got them J was a little nervous because I had said I thought they were overrated. But oh how wrong I was!! Today I'm going to share with you all the things I love and don't love about them. Plus if they are really worth the price tag. 
Let's start with things I love about them. The obvious answer is no wires! I hate when you have to untangle your headphones when you pull them out of your purse. I also hated how when I run I would have to hold a certain amount of wire in my hand so it wouldn't be swinging back and forth and hitting me. The no wire thing is really freaking awesome! You can also now charge your phone and listen to music at the same time!! Life changing! 
The next thing I love is how well they stay in my ears. I was a little worried they would easily fall out but I haven't had that happen once! Even when I'm running and working out they stay put! 
Another thing I feel like people are worried about with AirPods is sound quality. I think the sound quality is compatible if not better than the regular Apple headphones. They definitely get loud enough to drown out people at work and even louder to get me through my workout.
The last thing is controls. You can still technically control all the same things you do with the regular headphones just a bit differently. (You also still have a microphone so you can use them for calls.) You have the option to set a control to each headphone. My right headphone is set to change the song and my left headphone is set to Siri. Since Siri is set to my left headphone that is how I can still control all the same things. I can say "Siri turn up the volume." Or "Siri next song." While I think it's great you have this option it is a bit weird to constantly be talking to Siri while you're at work or the gym. Speaking of controls this is the one problem I have with AirPods. Even though I can tap my right headphone to change the song, it isn't always the easiest thing to do. You have to tap it on the top and you have to tap it just right. It's hard enough to do that when you're just sitting there, but even harder when you're running or doing some other workout. 
Do I think they are worth the price tag? Absolutely! The fact that they are completely wireless is worth it to me. I also forgot to mention the battery life. It's been really great! I got mine for Christmas and I seriously think I have charged them maybe 5 times. And I use them A LOT!  You charge the case that holds them which in turn charges the headphones. So when you aren't using them, they are just charging. I was a skeptic, but now I LOVE them! If you're on the fence and I can answer any questions feel free to leave them in the comments.
Side note: I still carry a pair of my regular headphones just in case. 









What are you up to this weekend? We have a wedding on Saturday and then lots of wedding planning for our own wedding on Sunday. 
Thanks for stopping by! 
I hope you have a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment