Thursday, February 7, 2019

Pleated Engagement

Happy Thursday! 
It's been a long week and I am so happy tomorrow is Friday!
Today I wanted to share one of my outfits from our engagement photos last weekend. 
This was our second look, but the one I had to put the most thought into. (The first one came really easy. haha I'll be sharing that one in the next couple weeks too.) 
Since our first look was really dressy I wanted to keep this one a little more casual... but not jeans and a tee casual. I have a similar skirt in gold and I love it so I thought I would try and find a similar one. I searched for a while and finally found this one. I was a little worried the metallic would seem to Christmasy, but I think it worked out perfect! I wanted to keep the top neutral so I went with this off-the-shoulder gray sweater. (I asked for help on Instagram in choosing between this one and another one. I linked both in case you voted for the other and wanted the link.)
Once the outfit came together I knew immediately what shoes I would wear. They are really old, but definitely one of my favorites. 
We had a really great day shooting photos in North Carolina. Our photographer was awesome. I'm hoping to share some of our engagement photos with y'all soon. (Only if J agrees.) 











Top: h&m (gray sold out. similar here & here) | Skirt: Lulu's (similar here & love this) | Shoes: old (similar here & here) | Sunnies: Quay Australia | Earrings: Baublebar old (similar here,  here, & here) | Lipstick: Bite Beauty Matte Crème Lip Crayon in Glacé with bareMinerals Gen Nude Patent Liquid Lipstick in Major

Picking engagement outfits can be tough. I will definitely share some tips in an upcoming Wedding Wednesday post on how to pick your outfits. (It was a learning experience for me since these are the first professional photos J and I have taken.)

No comments:

Post a Comment