Friday, February 15, 2019

Lash Q&A

I’ve had my eyelash extensions for almost a month now. I am absolutely obsessed! They have seriously made my life so much easier. It’s nice to always look like I’m wearing mascara and not actually take the time to put mascara on. All that being said, today I’m doing a huge Q&A all about lash extensions. If you’ve been debating getting lash extensions read on to have some of your questions answered. At the end if you have any additional questions that I didn’t answer, please feel free to email me or leave them in the comments below.
Let’s jump right in shall we?
 Top-After | Bottom-Before
Top-Before | Bottom-After

Q1: Let’s start with the question I get asked the most….does it hurt?
A1: Absolutely not. Getting last extensions doesn’t hurt at all. Last time I completely fell asleep while I was getting them done. It’s pretty relaxing to say the least.

Q2: Will lash extensions ruin my real lashes?
A2: This was one of my biggest questions/concerns. Rayanna assured me that lash extensions wouldn’t damage my real lashes. As long as you have a good lash artist who uses quality products you should be fine.

Q3: Can I still wear mascara with my lash extensions?
A3: The whole point of lash extensions is so you don’t have to wear mascara. Your extensions should make your lashes longer, darker and fuller. If it’s doing all those things you shouldn’t really need mascara. If you still think you need it, unfortunately you can’t really use it. Mascara can cause the adhesive to break down and therefore your lashes to shed much quicker. (More on this topic to come in a couple weeks. Stay tuned.)

Q4: Can I get lash extensions while pregnant?
A4: Absolutely! Rayanna suggests checking with your doctor but there’s usually no reason you can’t have eyelash extensions while pregnant. Rayanna will also lash you while you lay on your side and accounts for extra bathroom breaks for expecting mamas.

Q5: I’ve heard of people having allergic reactions. What causes that and how will I know if I’m allergic?
A5: A small percentage of people are allergic to the adhesive. Fun fact: the adhesive used for eyelash extensions is the same thing they use for acrylic nails! WHATTTT?!? Crazy I know. Anyway a small percent of people can be allergic; however, there is no way to know until you get your lashes done. Rayanna checks on you throughout the lash process while you are there to make sure nothing feels off. She will also check on you for the next 72 hours via text, email, whatever to make sure you’re ok. If you do have a reaction, she will get you in immediately to have them removed. In the almost year she has been doing it she’s only had 1 reaction.

Q6: I have to use hypoallergenic makeup so does that mean I’m probably allergic to the adhesive.
A6: Not necessarily. It’s a good idea to mention this to your lash artist, but just because you’ve had reactions to makeup doesn’t mean you will have a reaction to lash extensions.

Q7: How often do I have to get them filled?
A7: Rayanna has 2 different fill options. You can get a fill every 2-3 weeks or every 4-5 weeks. This mostly depends on how quickly your lashes shed.

Q8: I have blonde lashes am I a good candidate?
A8: I too have blonde lashes. I feel like I was a great candidate! Rayanna lashes 100% of your lash so they look really natural. It’s also been life changing to look like I’m wearing mascara 24/7 without actually wearing mascara.

Q9: How long do appointments take and what do you do?
A9: Your appointment time varies. Your longest one will be your initial appointment. This can take anywhere from 2-4 hours. The length of your appointment depends on the type of set you get. The same goes with fills. These can last anywhere from 1 hour to 1.5 hours. This may sounds like a long time, but it’s a great time to nap, listen to a book on tape or podcast. I personally love taking what Rayanna calls a lash nap while getting mine done.

Q10: What are the different types of lash extensions you can get?
A10: Rayanna currently offers 3 different sets classic, signature & volume. Classic is very natural looking and gives you the look of light mascara. I haven’t personally had this set but I think it would look good on someone with darker natural lashes. The next set is signature. This is Rayanna’s most popular. It is a hybrid between classic and volume. It’s still natural looking with a little more. Finally we have the volume set. This is for someone who likes drama or normally wears a lot of mascara. This is also a great option if you have an event coming up. I did this last time I got a fill and LOVED it. I used to wear a lot of mascara so I think this is the set for me. Rayanna also makes all of her own fans and volume set lashes, which is amazing. She makes sure they work with your eye shape and enhance your natural beauty! (You can read more about the 3 different options here

Q11: How much do lash extensions cost?
A11: Everywhere is different. It also depends if you go with classic, signature, or volume lashes. You can go to Rayanna’s website here to check out her pricing. I will say this… It’s your eyes and you get what you pay for. Sometimes in beauty it pays to pay more. (Just my opinion.)

Q12: Do you have a discount code?
A12: I’m just kidding no one asked me this. I do however have a discount code. Rayanna has been gracious enough to offer all my followers/readers $10 off their service by using code “KATIE10”.

I hope this answered all your questions on lash extensions. As always if you think of a question I didn’t answer feel free to email me, leave it in the comments or DM me on Instagram and I would be more than happy to answer. And if you are looking for a new lash artist in Jax, you have to check out Rayanna. She is seriously the best!!

1 comment:

  1. Those extensions look amazingly beautiful! They are so perfect and completely like the ones every woman needs. Such an amazing job you have done with the lashes!

    The Eyelash Emporium Discount Codes

    ReplyDelete