Thursday, April 2, 2020

Morning Skin care Routine

I feel like one thing a lot of people are keeping busy with during this quarantine is skin care. 
I know I haven't worn makeup in over 2.5 weeks and have been doing my morning, evening, and mask routines religiously. (Because, I mean what else is there to do?) 
I realized I hadn't posted an updated skin care routine in almost 2 years!! Like what?? That's such long time. Not everything has completely changed but there have definitely been some additions and subtractions to the routine. Read on to see what my morning routine is like currently. 






This is the same as 2 years ago. I absolutely LOVE this cleanser. I honestly love the whole Tula line. (I've never disliked anything I've tried.) This cleanser is super gentle which is always nice. It also leaves my skin feeling nice and clean. 
I can't even tell you how many times I have rebought this item.
I only do this step twice a week. I actually just added this to my skin care routine since the quarantine started. When I got my facials last year my esthetician said I needed to add some type of exfoliant to my regimen. I started using my clarisonic again and just didn't love it. When I got this as a free birthday gift from Ulta I decided to give it a try. I've been using it for about 2 weeks now and I love it. It really exfoliates my skin and it has a minty tingle feeling to it that I love. It's still fairly new so I will keep you posted on if it stays. 
This is the same serum I used in my last skincare post. I feel like vitamin C has become such a big thing in skin care in the last few years. This serum works really well for me so I don't see any need to replace it. It feels really light on my skin, but also tightening. Is that possible? I also love the smell first thing in the morning. It's a nice little wake up call. 
This was another buy after my facials last year. I'm always SUPER conscious about putting sunscreen on my face and really limiting the amount of sun I get in that area. When I told my esthetician this she was surprised to hear that I wasn't using a daily moisturizer with SPF in it. I left her office that day and immediately went to Sephora in search of a new product. I try to buy clean when I can and this one pretty much checked all my boxes. I've gone through 2 or 3 of these and don't see myself switching any time soon. It's really lightweight but still feels super hydrating. It also doesn't have a scent which I always love in a facial moisturizer. 
Step 5: Eye Cream
This is currently nonexistent in my routine. I have a nighttime one that I really like, but have been on the hunt for another. Ideally I would like to switch my nighttime one to the morning and find a good wrinkle one for night. I'm thinking about trying this one. If you have one you love leave it in the comments below. 

What's your morning skincare routine look like? How has your skin been during the quarantine? 
If you have any must have products please let me know. I'm always open to trying new things. 



No comments:

Post a Comment