Thursday, April 16, 2020

Nighttime Skin care Routine

Last week I shared my morning skin care routine and today I am back to share my nighttime routine.
I think this is similar to the morning where most things are the same with a few additions/changes.









I am a huge fan of double cleansing. Especially when I wear makeup or actual sunscreen. (Not just what's in my moisturizer.) This step makes me feel like I am getting off most of the makeup, dirt, grim, etc. before using my regular cleanser. I haven't been using it much during quarantine, but definitely a must on a normal day to day basis.
This is still the same cleanser I used in my nighttime routine 2 years ago. I absolutely LOVE this product! I honestly don't know if I will EVER change to anything else. It would have to make some big promises. 
This is one of those "sometimes" steps. I use this mask once a week usually. Every once in a while I will use it twice. This is usually if I have a breakout or an event coming up! This is one of my favorite masks and the only one I use consistently. I usually see my skin clear in a day or two of using it. It's also super reasonably priced! 
I obviously only use this step when needed. This gel is such a lifesaver. I just dab it on any blemishes I may have and will usually see a reaction the next day. This paired with the above mask will have your skin clear in no time! 
If you need hydration in the eye area this is for you. 
I mentioned in my morning skincare post that I am in the market for an eye cream/treatment. I am on the hunt for a new one. (I think I know what I am going to try.) Once I have one that fights wrinkles for nighttime I will switch this to my morning routine.
I feel like this is the big shot in my nighttime routine. It's another product with vitamin C but it also has hyaluranic  acid in it. I used to use two different "serums", but switched solely to this one about a year ago. 
This moisturizer is great. It's super light weight but stills feels extremely hydrating. (This is what I also said I love about my morning moisturizer. I might have said the exact same thing about my Supergoop moisturizer. Can you tell I don't like heavy products?)
I used to use this day and night like the product advertised, but it does contain a small amount of retinol which made me switch to only nighttime. Plus I needed SPF.
Final step in my nighttime routine. I think I started using facial oil a little over a year ago. 
I had heard rave reviews on this one so I decided to spend the money and get a bottle. If my concentrate from Kiehl's is the big shot in my routine this is his little brother that is just as good! 
I have definitely noticed a huge difference since adding this to my lineup. It makes my skin glow and I don't even know what else. Just look better! hah. This is a product I would spend the money on again and again!

So now you know my whole skin routine. There's a few other products here and there, but these are my staples. I might be giving y'all an update on this very soon as I have my eye on a bunch of new skin care items. 
Do you have any holy grail products I should try? I always love hearing new skincare products/brands/etc. I used to love buying new makeup, but I swear as I get older I get more excited about skin care. Give me a new serum over new lipsticks any day now! 



No comments:

Post a Comment