Thursday, June 21, 2018

Skincare Routine: AM

If you’ve been following me for a while, you know lately I have been getting into skin care. I’ve always been pretty #blessed when it comes to skin. Not so much in the breakout department but I’ve always had makeup artist and estheticians tell me I have great skin. (To be honest I still don’t know what they mean but I just take their word for it.  Haha) Now that I’m getting older (late twenties); I think it’s important to try and keep my skin looking good. I’ve finally got a pretty good morning and nighttime routine down so, I thought I would share just what those are with y’all. I’m going to break it up into two posts: Morning (today) and Night (next week).

Step 1: Ice Roller 
(Sorry I don't have a photo of this. I shot this in my friends apartment in NYC and didn't bring my ice roller with me.)
I ordered an ice roller about a month ago after seeing everyone rave about them. Now that I’ve been using mine I totally get the hype! (I actually understood it the first time I used it.) It helps depuff, reduce redness and just really wakes me up. It’s almost like getting a little jolt of energy in the morning because it’s so cold. And if you drank 1 too many glasses of wine at HH on Thursday the ice roller feels even better the next morning. Haha! Best $10 I’ve ever spent!
Step 2: Cleanser
I’ve talked about Tula before and it’s by far one of my favorite brands. Whenever someone asks me what I recommend for cleansers or moisturizers, I immediately tell him or her to go on tula.com and buy the discovery kit. I love the cleanser because it’s so gentle, and leaves my face feeling fresh & clean. Another great thing about Tula is it should work for everyone no matter his or her skin type. It was developed by a gastroenterologist and is probiotics based; which means it balances what your skin is missing. You can read all about it on their site. (I’m a total nerd and find this really interesting!)

Step 3: Eye Cream
I will be the first to admit that I do not sleep enough. (There just aren’t enough hours in the day!!) Because of this I tend to always look tired, even if I’m really not! I also have bags under my eyes (thanks mom!) so, that makes it worse. However, since I’ve been using the Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream, I have noticed a HUGE difference. This helps brighten and depuff, which is why it’s perfect for your morning routine! It also helps my concealer go on really smooth and crease free!

Step 4: Serum
I got a sample of Olehenriksen Truth Serum in my Sephora Play box a few months ago and have been hooked ever since. It has vitamin C which helps brighten, and that is always a good thing in the morning. It also is a collagen booster, and I am all about that! When I put it on I can feel my face tighten. Not in a weird or uncomfortable way but, in a “this is totally working” way. I love when you can actually feel or see a product work. It helps me feel like I’m not wasting money. 

Step 5: Moisturizer
(I usually let my eye cream & serum soak in for a few minutes before this step.)
Another Olehenriksen product I love is their C-Rush Brightening Gel Crème. It’s pretty new however; I heard rave reviews and love my truth serum so much, I thought I would give it a try. First of all it smells amazing! Literally smells just like a creamsicle. It also helps brighten and like I said above you can never have too much brightening in your morning routine. I also love that it doesn’t leave my face feeling sticky or oily. That is my biggest issue when I use moisturizer so, if a product doesn’t do that it’s a winner in my book.
And there you have it. After this I put on my makeup and out the door.
What is your morning routine? Do you use any of these products or have any others I need to try. I would love to hear about it in the comments below. As always if you have any questions you can leave them below or shoot me an email at fashionablylateblonde@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment