Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Goodbye 2018...Hello 2019


Happy 2019!
I hope everyone had a great holiday with family & friends. I decided to take a little extra time off from blogging last week and start refreshed this week. To kick things off I thought I would reflect a little on how AWESOME 2018 was and share some goals for 2019.
Let’s start with how 2018 was for me. I can honestly say 2018 was an amazing year. In January we picked up our puppy that I had been begging J to get me for years. It was a learning experience and we for sure lost some sleep, but he is so cute and makes every day better, so he is totally worth it.
I also got to travel a little this year. We started the year by taking a trip to Mexico with 8 of our closest friends! It was such a fun trip and the hotel we stayed at was the nicest place I’ve ever stayed. I also got to visit NYC for 10 days and spent 2 of those days in The Hamptons. This was my favorite trip to NY yet!! After that it was off to California in October. I haven’t been to Cali since I was a kid. We had so much fun checking out the beach, eating lots of food, exploring and watching our friends tie the knot. I ended my travel with a Bachelorette trip to St. Thomas. The trip was so much fun. The best part was when we rented a boat to take us all over for the day. We got to go snorkeling, see other parts of the islands, eat a delicious lunch and had some great drinks! 
I also had a really great year at my day job. I got promoted in April and then again in October. I’m really excited for this next adventure in my professional career.
I also had a pretty good year with the blog. I wrote more posts than I ever have, and I gave more focus to the blog than ever before. (I still want to do so much more but we’ll get to that in a minute.)
Lastly and DEFINIETLY my favorite moment of 2018 was on my trip to NYC when J surprised me and proposed. It was such a great day and means so much to me that he did it in my favorite city. I can’t wait to plan our wedding this year and marry him early next year!

Now let’s talk about 2019. I never really make resolutions. I don’t believe in them and I feel like they usually go out the window by the time February comes around. I do however want to set some goals for myself.
1.     Plan our wedding without going completely crazy. This seems easy, but there are so many things that go into planning that I never thought about. I will share more of this with y’all throughout the year in my Wedding Wednesday series so stay tuned.
2.     I want to grow the blog even more. I did my best to stick to a consistent schedule last year, but I slipped up more than a couple times. This year I want to do my best to post every Tuesday & Thursday and do 1 Five on Friday and Wedding Wednesday per month. This may sound easy to some, but it will definitely be a little challenging for me. However, it’s a challenge I am willing to take on. (If you have any post ideas please feel free to leave them below.)  
3.     Same goes with Instagram. I want to post on their more often. I’ll be so good about posting every day and then I’ll skip like 5. I want to be very consistent and share more on stories. Even just day to day things. I follow so many bloggers and I love when they just talk about random day to day things.
4.     Lastly, I want to be really healthy. I obviously would love to drop a few lbs before our wedding, but I want to do it the healthy way and the right way. I want to lose weight and keep it off. I want to eat more fruits & vegetables and maybe a little less pizza & doughnuts. I also want to find a workout routine that I like and stick with it. I want to continue running after I train for and run my half marathon next month. I also want to find some type of group fitness that I enjoy and can stick with. (If you have any favorites leave them below for me to try.)
So, there you have it my thoughts on 2018 and my goals for 2019. It’s safe to say that 2018 was a great year and 2019 has some pretty big shoes to fill. However, I have a feeling that 2019 is up to the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment