Thursday, September 26, 2019

Facial PT 2

Last Saturday I had my second facial and microdermabrasion. (After my first one Rayanna suggested that we do a series of 3 to get my skin in tip top shape.)
This facial could not have come at a more perfect time! I'll be the first to admit that I didn't take the best care of my skin in Miami. Between bad food & alcohol, sun (with sunscreen of course) and not washing my face/doing my skin care religiously my skin was a WRECK!!! On top of all that my monthly visitor came the Friday before my facial and that is never good for my skin. Needless to say I was very thankful for the timing. 
Rayanna could tell that my skin was not in good shape. The biggest thing she mentioned was that it was extremely dry. (I normally drink a TON of water so when I skip it I feel like my body can tell and it takes a while to bounce back.) 
We started with the skin analysis like last time and decided to do all the same things. The only difference was that Rayanna decided to go a bit harder on the microdermabrasion. It still didn't hurt, but after I could tell it really did a number on my skin. I mean that in the best way possible. I feel like right after my skin was a little flush and all my blemishes and imperfections were drawn out. However, over the next few days this went away and I feel like my blemishes healed a lot faster than normal and went away on their own. 
Rayanna also added facial cupping at the end to help with lymphatic drainage. When she first told me she would be doing facial cupping I got a little scared my face would look like Michael Phelps back in the 2016 olympics. (This did not happen at all.) Instead it was very relaxing and felt like a light facial massage. I could also feel a bit of the drainage and could personally see a slight difference in puffiness.
Overall my second facial was even better than my first. I think this has to do with the fact that my skin was in complete disarray this time around. I can't wait to go back for my third session and see how much better my skin gets.
If you are a Jax local and in need of a facial I HIGHLY recommend going to see Rayanna at Beautifully Bare. You can also use code "KATIE10" for $10 off your service.
The only photo I got after my facial. This one would have been AMAZING for before and after photos, but we both forgot until it was too late. :(

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions about facials at all. I will do my best to answer and if I can't, I'll reach out to Rayanna. She is so so knowledgable and passionate about skincare.

No comments:

Post a Comment