Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Summer Reading List

Happy Tuesday friends!
Today I wanted to share with y’all my Summer Reading list. It’s kind of funny because in school I always DREADED getting the summer reading list. And if I’m being honest, I usually would read the cliff notes version and just wing the assignments at the beginning of the semester. (Star student over here!! JK)
I have always enjoyed reading. (Even when I refused to read in school) I just like reading what I want to read and not what I’m forced to read. That being said, since joining a book club last fall, I have really gotten back into reading pretty regularly. I can usually finish a book pretty quickly so I thought why not make a list of books I want to read this summer? If you are in need of some summer beach reads the next 10 are what I will be reading by the water during these hot sunny months. (I’ve also added a couple at the end that I read last summer!)
1.    When Life gives you Lululemons by Lauren Weisberger
I love The Devil wears Prada (movie & book) and while I swear there was already a sequel (Revenge wears Prada anyone?) this is the sequel to The Devil wears Prada. This is definitely at the top of my list!
2.    Winter in Paradise by Elin Hilderbrand
Elin Hilderbrand is the QUEEN of beach reads!! She has so many good ones that seem perfect for a long day basking in the sun. I read a couple of her books last year so I thought I would add this on to the list.
3.    Two Can Keep a Secret by Karen M. McManus
I found this one on Emily’s blog (Life with Emily) and she gave it a good review. It sounds very PLL. I was obsessed with that series so sign me up for anything remotely similar. (Except for the new spinoff. I cannot do another 8 years of my life!!)
4.    The Perfect Liar by Thomas Christopher Greene
Another one I found on Life with Emily. (She reads SO much and does reviews every month! #goals)
This one sounds super suspenseful, which I always love.
5.    Where the Crawdad Sings by Delia Owens
I found this one on Reese Witherspoons book club list. A few of my friends also recently read it for a book club they are in and gave it good reviews. It’s based in North Carolina (which is where I’m from) and again has some mystery to it.
6.    All These Beautiful Strangers by Elizabeth Klehfoth
Like I said above I am always a sucker for anything mysterious and reminiscent of PLL. This one seems like it has both. I can’t wait to read this one. (Also found this on Life with Emily.)
7.    The Hating Game by Sally Thorne
I saw this one last fall on a ton of people’s blogs & IG. I think we actually almost read it in my book club. This one seems very lighthearted and fun which can be needed to break up all these murders, mystery & deceit in the other books.
8.    The Kissing Quotient by Helen Hoang
This is another book I saw on so many blogs and instagram posts that seems like a fun read. I feel like fun & cheerful books are what people gravitate to in the summer. And romance which this one and # 7 both have.
9.    The Party by Robyn Harding
This one involves a sweet 16 party and things going terribly wrong! I have had this on my list for a while! I actually found it while browsing the Target book section. (This is how I kicked off my summer reading list and I can already check it off the list. J)
10.                  It Happens in the Hamptons by Holly Peterson
Any book set in the Hamptons has summer beach read written all over it! I stumbled upon this book because it was part of a buy 2 get 1 free deal but I must say that I can’t wait to read it!

So there’s my summer 2019 reading list. I’m hoping I can move through these and add a few more in there before Labor Day. What kind of books do you like? What is currently on your must read list? I’d love to hear about them so I can add some to my list. I want to read more and start doing reviews. I’m hoping to share a book review soon on the first 5 books I read for book club. (Maybe in the next couple weeks.)
Thank you so much for stopping by. Let me know if you decide to read any of these based on my recommendation. I’d love to hear your thoughts.

P.S. Here are a few more books that are great summer beach reads.
1.  The Identicals by Elin Hilderbrand
2. The Perfect Couple by Elin Hilderbrand (This was one of my favorites!)
3. Truly, Madly, Guilty by Liane Moriarty
4. Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty (Loved the book and LOVE the show!)

No comments:

Post a Comment