Thursday, January 19, 2017

Happy 2017...finally

Happy New Year…finally!
 I’m so sorry it has taken me this long to get my first post up for 2017.
I needed to take the time today to reflect on 2016, talk a little about my 4-month hiatus, and some goals I have for 2017.
2016 was pretty uneventful, until about the last 4 months. At the end of August some not so great things started happening in my life, which is why I took a break from blogging. I needed to focus on myself and really took time to think and reflect about what I wanted for my life. I have definitely made some pretty big life decision in the last few months and can’t wait to share more of that with y’all over next couple months.  
After all of that started coming together my car completely died on me the day before Thanksgiving. 
The good news; I got a brand new car out of it. However, when something like that happens unexpectedly, it can be very STRESSFUL!  
 I am so thankful for my family, my boyfriend, his family and all of my friends for getting me through these last few months. I can’t say 2016 was the best year (it did have some pretty big shoes to fill from the prior 2 years) but I am glad in the last month or 2 it ended on a high note.
 Looking forward to 2017 and I’m pretty excited. I know there will be some big changes, some possible challenges, and so much more.  I am so ready to take on all of those changes that are starting to take place in my life.  I can’t elaborate much on all of that right now, but stay tuned. It’s coming soon.
  Another goal I have for this year is growing this little space of mine. I really want to make blogging more of a priority. I love doing this but I so easily throw it on the back burner. I am going to make an extremely conscious effort to make this a priority.
  I also hope 2017 brings me travel. I went to Jamaica in 2016 and it definitely gave me the travel bug. I have always had a million places in mind that I want to visit. I especially have always wanted to go abroad and going to Jamaica made me realize I need to make these dreams a reality.









Romper: Tobi | Shoes: Steve Madden | Earrings: Bauble Bar | Lipstick: Sephora in 
Black Cherry


What are some of your goals for 2017? I would love to hear about them in the comments below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment