Thursday, August 10, 2017

Recent Beauty Buys

Cheers to the fact that it’s almost the weekend! Is anyone else so ready for the weekend? 
Today I wanted to talk about some of my recent makeup purchases. I like to do this from time to time. This lets you know what I loved and didn’t love so much.  As well as what worked and didn’t work for me.  

Let’s start with the skin care products; specifically my new Holy Grail product… Clinique take the dayoff cleansing balm. If you watched my insta story a couple weeks ago, this was featured on there. It starts as a balm but, as you rub it in, it turns into oil, almost. If you have ever taken your eye makeup off with Vaseline (#DancerProblems), this is just like that but, for your whole face. I use this first to take everything off then wash my face with Tula. (This is the video I watched to convince myself to purchase.) 
Next in the skincare department are the Purity face wipes. These are also a makeup removing product that I recently added to my arsenal. I had wanted to try these since I use the face wash, but just hadn’t pulled the trigger on them. When they were part of the Ulta sale I decided why not. I like having make-up wipes in my night stand. But honestly, I think the drug store version works just fine. I wouldn’t re-purchase for full price. 
Next up I want to talk about this brow kit 
The main reason I bought this was for the Ka-Brow. The Ka-brow is like $24 I think, and this kit is $36. It’s totally worth it. Anyway, Ka-brow has changed my life. Not just my brows but also my actual life. Okay maybe I’m being dramatic, but if you are like me and have very light eyebrows, I can’t recommend this enough. I use a powder to fill my brows a little and then go over it with this product. (Every time I face time my best friend he’s always like “dang girl what happened to your eyebrows?!? They are looking fierce!” Haha) 
The other make-up product in this post is NYX butter gloss in Praline. I’m usually not a gloss person but, have been using them more and more lately. I actually bought this one because my friend had it and I loved it on her. I really like the formula, and for the price you can’t beat it. Also for all you Southern Charm fans, I always see these on Cameron’s Instagram. That’s a win in my book because I want to be besties with her. 
Lastly let’s talk about the hair products in this post.  
I love living proof products because all the ones I have tried work really well, and they smell AMAZING! This hair spray is no exception. I got it as a sample in my Sephora Play box and will definitely be purchasing once I run out. It has a sticky, full hold texture but it doesn’t leave your hair crunchy. It also smells so freaking good. Honestly if it didn’t work that well I would probably repurchase just for the smell.  
And finally we have the wet brush. I kept putting off purchasing this and I have no idea why. If you have long hair that tangles easily when wet you seriously need this in your life. I would never comb my hair after the shower because it was so tangled and so much came out. Ever since I got the wet brush I use it every time I wash my hair. It takes 2 seconds to brush and doesn’t pull all my hair out. It also helps my hair dry better when I let it air dry. Best $8 I ever spent!   




Cleansing Balm: Clinique | Makeup Removing Wipes: Purity | Brow Kit: Benefit (I got the medium one) | Lip Gloss: NYX Butter Gloss | Hair Spray: Living Proof | Wet Brush: Wet Brush

I hope y’all find these posts helpful. I know they can be super lengthy but I want to give you as much information before you purchase or decide not to purchase a product.  
Let me know if you would like to see more of these in the future. 

Thanks for stopping by and I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment