Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Blue Velvet

Hi babes!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and a successful Black Friday/Cyber Monday.
As soon as Thanksgiving is over, I feel like the Christmas Holiday is in full effect. We decorated our house on Friday, and now we just need the Christmas tree, which we will be getting this weekend. (J is so funny and won’t allow a Christmas decoration, movie, song, not even a Christmas cookie crumb, before Thanksgiving. hah)
Now that holiday parties and get-togethers are in full swing, I wanted to share one of my favorite trends for this time of year…velvet.
This trend was picking up steam this time last year, and now it’s EVERYWHERE!! The thing that really stuck out to me about this dress, besides the fact that it’s velvet, is the color. I love the color blue for December. It’s something different than your typical red and green, but still feels festive. The nice thing about velvet is that it’s the perfect alternative to sequins. It isn’t quite as flashy, but it still feels so appropriate for this time of year. My dress is no longer available; however, I have linked some similar options as well as my other favorite velvet picks for all your upcoming holiday festivities.








Dress: Dillard's old (similar hereherehere, & here) | Shoes: Steve Madden | Lipstick: Colour Pop Ultra Matte Lip in More Better

Other velvet pieces I love:
This skirt
These pants
LOVE this dress
OBSESSED with this dress
Cool bomber jacket here
Great velvet skirt here
This romper
Pair this top with leather pants for an effortless cool girl look
Love the color of these pants

I hope you are having a wonderful Tuesday. I’m hoping to have my first gift guide up this Friday. I know it’s a little late in the game, but I feel like Christmas, gift giving, & sales start earlier and earlier every year; so I try my hardest to wait on all things of that nature, until after Thanksgiving.
Thanks for stopping by and reading. I really appreciate it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment