Friday, November 3, 2017

NYC Travel Diary Part 5: Nightlife

Happy Friday my friends!
This week wrapped up my BUSY season at work, so I am very excited. Since I technically work in retail we will still be busy due to the holiday but, nothing like I have been for the last 2 months!
Today I have the fifth and final installment of my NYC travel diary. And since its Friday, I thought it would be appropriate to share NYC nightlife. I obviously know there is more to nightlife than just bars, dancing, & drinking but, those are the things I will be sharing on today’s post. As with every other post there is no shortage of things to do in this category.
Bar Nine: This is a dueling piano bar my best friend took me to and I had the BEST time. Some girls I work with have gotten me into dueling piano bars, and I love them because it’s live music, all songs you know, and everyone sings along and has a blast!
Mr. Purple: A rooftop bar is always a good idea when visiting the city. This one is located in the lower east side on top of Hotel Indigo. We went during sunset and it was amazing; because you could see One World Trade Center, The Empire State Building, The Chrysler building, and everything else. There’s an indoor and outdoor section, however, I obviously recommend sitting outside!

Upstairs at the Kimberly: This is another rooftop bar located in Mid-town, and is on top of The Kimberly Hotel. The thing I like about this one is that the majority of it is enclosed; so, if it’s cold or raining, you can still enjoy rooftop views & vibes. They also serve you truffle popcorn, which is definitely the way to my heart!


The Frying Pan: This is probably one of the coolest places in the city in my opinion. It’s actually located on a Coast Guard lightship in the Hudson River. They have beer, wine and specialty drinks as well as a small menu of munchies. This has been on my list of places to go for a while and I finally went this time. It’s seasonal so make sure you check if they are open before you go.

Bar Veloce: We went to the one located in Chelsea for HH one day after my friend got off work. Their specialty for HH is actually prosecco Happy Hour. If you know me you know I thought this place was perfect!

Beauty & Essex: I went here a few years ago, and it was such a good time. This is a place you can go for just drinks, or you can also eat there. If you are having a later dinner I would highly suggest going here! The atmosphere is really fun and will put you in the mood to go out! Hah

Sweet & Vicious: My friend usually goes here for HH, and loves it. However, we actually went a little later and it was still pretty fun. They have a patio if you go earlier in the day; which is always a perk in my book. I will say the music selection when we were there was on point. If a bar is playing Backstreet Boys & Spice Girls they are a winner in my book!
College Alumni Bars: This isn’t a Friday night thing but, if you are in the city during college football season and your Alma matter is a big time football school, I highly suggest checking out your alumni bar.  I obviously go to the FSU bars when I’m there but, I’ve been to a gator bar and Ohio State bar that were a good time. (Obviously FSU bars are the best in my book)

McSorley’s: This is actually the oldest continuously operated saloon in NYC! Some of my best friends told me about this place, and one night when I lived in New York J and I just happened to walk by. They only serve light or dark beer, and when you order one you actually get two beers but, it’s a pretty good time. Also if any of you are fans of The Carrie Diaries you might recognize this place. (Confession: When J and I went I might have had one too many, and talked to the door guy for like 20 minutes, and heard the entire history of this bar and I asked WAYYY too many questions. Haha J was BEYOND embarrassed.)

Like food places, bars and nightlife are EVERYWHERE! Seriously if you are walking down the street and something looks like a good time, you should stop in because it will probably not disappoint!
This wraps up my NYC travel diary!

I hope you have enjoyed a little insight into my FAVORITE city! If I have left you wanting more please email me (fashionablylateblonde@gmail.com) or leave a comment and I would be more than happy to give you even more recommendations. Especially if you have a trip planned for the upcoming holidays! New York at Christmas is a whole different world that I think everyone should experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment