Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Beauty Review: Makeup Removers

Last week I shared my 5 favorite mascaras. This week, I’m sharing 5 makeup removers to get those mascaras and all your other makeup off!
My true favorite remover is Clinique, Take the Day Off Makeup Removing Balm; however, I left that at my best friend’s house in NYC and have been without for the past few months. Because of this I have turned to more traditional liquid makeup removers. Below I’m sharing the 5 I currently have in my makeup cabinet, and the pros and cons of each.

Let me start by saying I didn’t know how to pronounce this stuff for the longest time but, had heard so many good things about it. I love how light micellar water is. There’s no oil in it and it does a really good job at taking your makeup off. I only use it on my eyes; however, you can use it on a cotton ball, and use it all over your face to help get your foundation, liquid lipstick, etc off.
I love all Clinique products for the fact that they are hypoallergenic. I would compare this one to the Sephora Waterproof Makeup Remover because it takes off all your heavy makeup, and definitely has oil in it. Out of the two I would choose this one over the Sephora brand. However, it does have a slightly higher price tag. 
The name says it all. This stuff takes off my toughest eyeliner, and then some. I don’t have to scrub my eyelids at all when I use this. The only downside is there is some oil in this product. I try to stay away from oil based products because it leaves my eyelids feeling so weird, and it’s not the best for you. Sometimes though a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. This is probably one of my favorites for when I have a heavy smokey eye, or a ton of makeup on. It’s easy and quick. When I use this, I stick to just my eyes.
This Sephora makeup remover is pretty much the exact opposite of the one above, but still extremely powerful at removing your heavy eyeliner and mascara. I believe this one has oil in it as well, but I don’t feel it on my eyelids afterwards like I do with most oil based removers. I would put this one in-between the first two as far as how well it removes your makeup. This one is probably my favorite out of all the makeup removers in this post. 
I love this one because Estee Lauder products are the only thing I can randomly introduce to my skin routine and my skin won’t freak out. However this is probably my least favorite of all the makeup removers here. It doesn’t have oil in it but it also doesn’t feel as light/natural as the micellar water and triple action cleansing water. I think this one is also the one I have to scrub the most with. I still use it because I have it, however I would probably never buy it for myself. My mom uses mostly Estee Lauder products and gives me freebies all the time which is how I got this. If you like Estee Lauder I would definitely give it a try.

What are your favorite makeup removers? Do you even use makeup remover or just cleansers?
I'd love to hear all about how you get your makeup off in the comments below.
Have a great Tuesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment