Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Wedding Wednesday: How I asked my Bridesmaids

Happy Wednesday friends!
I finally have a new wedding Wednesday for you. (It’s been so long since the last one.)
I’ve been meaning to get this one up for a while and have just been so busy. It is no joke when you have a full time job, blog on the side and try to plan a wedding. If I don’t master time management this year I don’t think I ever will.
Anyway, today I’m sharing with y’all how I asked my bridesmaids to be my bridesmaids! (And Man of Honor)
This was one of the first things I did as far as wedding planning. I’ve known who I would ask for years now! I knew when I asked I wanted to make a little box for them since they will be doing so much for me over the next year.
I started looking on Etsy for “bridesmaid boxes” but couldn’t find anything I loved. After searching for a while I decided to make my own box. I started with drinkware. I feel like drinkware is pretty standard and with good reason. A photographer told my friend once cups are a great gift so you have cute cups in your photos instead of a giant McDonald’s cup. (No offense McDonald’s.)
Next I knew I wanted a piece of jewelry. Most of my friends already have bar necklaces with their initial and I wasn’t feeling earrings so I decided on a bracelet. As soon as I saw the knotted bracelet I knew it would be perfect. They also came on cute cards that said, “I can’t tie the knot without you.” (I didn’t think my man of honor would want a bracelet so I opted for cufflinks instead. It can also be nice to differentiate your maid of honor.)
The last part was the champagne since we were obviously celebrating. I got each of them a split of champagne as a little extra touch. (If you are shipping your boxes I would recommend cans of champagne of rosé. I thought I was going to have to ship my Man of Honor’s so I got a can of rosé. I’ve had friends get broken boxes many times in the past.)
After I had all the gifts picked out I found cute cards on etsy and ordered different ones for each person. I tried to pick ones that fit their personality/our friendship.
Finally, let’s talk about the actual box!  These can actually be really pricey. I eventually found photo boxes at Michael’s and just ordered each persons name in gold vinyl to put on the front. Then to make the inside extra cute, I got white and pink paper shreds to place on the bottom. Viola! Cute little bridesmaid box for all my friends.
I was lucky enough to hand deliver each one and all my friends were thrilled and loved all the things! I can’t wait for them to stand next to me on my big day and all the fun things we get to do leading up to it.








Here’s all the links for everything I used.
(They made me a custom card! They were so sweet & helpful.)
(This shop has a TON of cards! And they are all so cute!)
(This shop has so many different options!)
The shop I bought my vinyl names from is no longer on Easy. I've bought from this one before though and they were great! 
(Total Wine has a lot of different options. Lots of can options too!)
How did you ask your bridesmaids? I’d love to hear in the comments below.



No comments:

Post a Comment