Monday, March 25, 2019

Make-up Monday: How my Skincare Routine Changed with Lash Extensions

Happy Monday!
I hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was nice and relaxing with lots of time spent outside, since it was so beautiful!
Today I have a Makeup Monday post for y’all; and I’m sharing how my skincare has changed since getting lash extensions.
I’m sure you’re thinking, what does your skincare routine have to do with lash extensions? Well, don’t worry, that’s what I’m here to tell you.
The biggest thing with lash extensions is retention. You want to keep them as full as you can in between fills for a few reasons. 1. You obviously want them as full as possible because that’s when they look the best. 2. The more lashes you retain the less time your lash artist will have to spend during fills. 3. If you loose too many some places may charge you more.
Because you want to retain as many of your lashes as possible you might have to swap or be super careful with a few things in your skincare routine. 
Let’s go through my new skincare routine and I’ll tell you items I no longer use and a little more about why.
A.M. Routine
My morning routine is pretty much the same. I wash my face, use my under eye cream and then face serum. The biggest change was how I wash my face. Because I shower in the morning that is where I usually wash my face. I used to just lather up and then put my face in the water to rinse off the soap. With lashes you want to avoid getting any cleanser on your lashes. I still use Tula, but instead of just putting my face under the stream of water I carefully rinse my cheeks, nose and forehead. I’m sure a little cleanser drips down, but I try to keep it as minimal as possible. I still use my eye cream and serum I shared in this post.
P.M. Routine
This is where things have changed the most. I still start with my cleansing balm, but since this turns to straight oil I am very careful to not go below my brow bone or above my cheekbone. Rayanna told me the skin around your eye is so thin product will quickly migrate all over the area. So be very careful what you put inside the oracle bone. Once I have removed all my makeup I very carefully rinse it off. Again, you don’t want this to drip down to your lashes. After that I use my Philosophy cleanser and again, very cautiously rinse. After that I have added a new step. Cleansing my lashes. It is SO SO SO important to cleanse your lashes once a day. This helps get all the dirt, grim and pollution off your lashes and your lash line. This helps with retention and keeps your eyes from getting irritated. Rayanna supplied me with lash cleanser on my first visit and I’m still using the same bottle. I use one pump and swirl it around with a brush then “paint” it on my lashes. I get my lash line really good and also use this to remove any eye makeup and under eye concealer. After I’ve done that I rinse thoroughly with cold water. It’s nice and refreshing and is good for your lashes. Extreme heat can also loosen adhesive and cause lash loss.
After that it’s time for all my creams and serums. I used to use this under eye cream from Kiehl’s however, it’s derived from avocado oil so I had to stop. (If you don't have lash extensions I would highly recommend it!) I have since started using this eye cream from Tula and use it mostly on my crow’s feet. (It's AMAZING!) After that I use my Kiehl’s Vitamin C serum, and this collagen serum. Then finally my TulaDay & Night Cream. I’m very careful to make sure I don’t use any of these below my brow bone or above my cheekbone. (You really don’t want or need to anyway.) After I finish my nighttime routine I brush out my lashes and I’m ready for bed.




Cleansing Balm: Clinique | Cleanser: Purity Cleansing Gel | Eye Cream: Tula | Vitamin C Serum: Kiehl's | Collagen Serum: Physicians Formula | Moisturizer: Tula | Lash Cleanser: Bella Lash Deep Cleanser
I want to share a couple other things you can’t and can use with lash extensions. You basically can’t use ANY makeup removers. Even the oil free ones like Micelleular water. You can however use a makeup wipe on your lids and under eye if you are wearing heavy makeup. I usually try not to do this, but I’ve had my makeup done twice for events and had to use these to get all the eyeshadow and liner off.  I avoid getting right on my lash line if possible.
So there you have it. I bet you didn’t even think about your skincare routine changing if you get lash extensions. I know I sure didn’t. Rayanna is an amazing lash artist and prepared me for all of this before I even got my lashes put on. Some of these things I was expecting from following her on instagram, but some were a total shock. If you don’t follow her on instagram you definitely should because she is a WEALTH of knowledge in this industry. I’ll leave her handle right here for y’all.
If you have any other questions about lash extensions or a certain product feel free to email me, DM me, or drop a comment below.

I hope y’all have a great week and check back tomorrow for a new outfit post. (Finally!)

1 comment:

  1. I’m really impressed with your article, such great & usefull knowledge you mentioned here. Thank you for sharing such a good and useful information here in the blog
    haute her Solution for face oil tips and secrets

    ReplyDelete