Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Make-up Wednesday? September Ipsy Bag


Hey y’all!
Happy hump day!
Normally I do makeup Monday but I went out of town this past weekend and got behind. Therefore, it’s Makeup Monday on Wednesday. Ha-ha.
Today I’m reviewing my September Ipsy bag product by product.

The first item in my bag, and possibly my favorite of the month, was a lipstick from City Color Cosmetics in One Nightstand. I love the color, and it’s similar to another shade I have, but this one is creamier. The formula is really rich and it has staying power. The price point is great and they have many shades to choose from.

The second product in my bag was a highlighter by Temptu. I must say I felt like this was a bit of a rip off as this is for an airbrush makeup system. They said it could be used with your fingers but when I did that, I still didn’t like it. It was extremely pink and didn’t blend well. Again, I was a little unhappy with this one.

The third item in my bag was The Phoenix, which is a hand/body lotion from Not Soap Radio. I’m going be honest and tell you I have not tried this. I am allergic to a lot of scented things especially body lotions and perfumes. I need to do some more research on this before I try it myself. I’m so sorry I can’t give you a real review on this. L Stupid allergies!

Next up was the Glam Glow Brightening Treatment. I was excited to try this product as I have heard good things about it. Let me start by saying it smells AHMAZING! It was extremely gritty which was great for exfoliating. I had just used my clarisonic so I felt like my face got a little too much exfoliating that evening. #oops after I washed the mask off my skin was really soft and smooth and it left me with a nice clean glow! I really liked this product.

Last up was Pixi by Petra Brow Powder Trio. (What I linked is different because the exact thing was special for ipsy.) I like this product for the most part since brows are all the rage right now. It gives you a light and dark color for your brows and a highlighter. The downside to this product is that it’s extremely small and there are no separators so the powders can easily get mixed together when you might not want that.

 Overall, this bag was my least favorite. While I did get some good stuff, I think the airbrush thing really let me down. I also wish there were a way for me to not get lotions since I can’t really use them. I would still highly recommend signing up for ipsy if you have been thinking about it as I think it’s a fun way to learn about new products! 








Lipstick I'm wearing: Mac Flat Out Fabulous | Nail Color: Essie After School Boy Blazer

No comments:

Post a Comment