Friday, July 29, 2016

National Lipstick Day

In honor of one of my favorite holiday, I thought I would show you how I get the perfect lip.
First, pick your color. Today I went with a pink but I also love red. (In addition, really any color for that matter.)
I like to prep my lips with a lip scrub. I am currently out of mine and it has been discontinued, so I plan to try this one next. I like that it also has a balm in case you just want to scrub your lips and not apply lipstick.
After I get my lips nice and smooth I apply this primer by MAC. If you’re thinking to yourself do I really need an extra step/product let me tell ya girlfriend…you do. I really notice a difference when I don’t use this stuff especially with my extremely matte lipsticks.
Let this dry for a couple of minutes and then apply your lip liner. I’m obsessed with this universal one for a couple reasons. One it keeps the true color of the lipstick. Two you don’t have to buy a new liner for every lipstick, which, if you’re anything like me, it could, get excessive and expensive.
Finally, it’s time to apply your lipstick. I usually apply straight from the tube but, if you’re lipstick is creamy you can use a brush if you’d like. If you make any mistakes, you can either use a Q-tip and makeup remover or foundation and a tiny brush. I’m more of a Q-tip and makeup remover gal myself but it’s totally your preference.
Apply a little gloss ( or another lipstick like I did here) if that’s your thing and voila, you have the perfect pout. 
One last tip I apply this at night to help keep my lips moisturized since I tend to wear matte lipstick 4+ times a week. This would definitely be a Holy Grail product for me. 




Primer: Mac Prep + Prime | Liner: Sephora Collection Universal Lip Liner : Lipstick # 1: Mac Invite Intrigue | Lipstick # 2: Too Faced Melted Metal Dream House


I hope y’all have a fabulous weekend. I am looking forward to finally being home and having time to myself. I plan on cleaning, laying out, and working on blog content.

P.S. If you have any question about my other makeup in this post leave them in the comments and I will answer there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment