Tuesday, July 11, 2017

27

Happy Tuesday y’all!
I’m currently in Miami and although it’s a work trip we are definitely having a good time! It also happens to be my birthday and I have to say, spending it in Miami for work rather than in the office is a win!
In honor of my 27th birthday, I thought I would share 7 things I’ve learned in my 20’s so far.
So here we go:
1. Family is SO important.
I’ve always been pretty close with my family but always took for granted that I would see them every day. In my 20’s I moved a lot and so did my mom. In college you get lots of breaks so, it’s easy to visit them. B
But once you start working, if they don’t live in the same city, let alone the same state, it can make things hard. If your family lives close, hang with them as much as they can.  And if they don’t, make time to visit them as much as you can.
2. Find your true friends.
I’m a very social, friendly and trusting person. I love making new friends, and since I’m so friendly and trusting, I’ve learned I need to be careful and not be afraid to cut ties. I am finally at a place where I know the people around me love, support and would do anything for me; just like I would for them. I know it’s cliché but, friendship is about quality not quantity.
3. Don’t be afraid to grow.
This is relevant for so many aspects of your life. We are all constantly changing and evolving, especially in our 20’s. From being in college, starting new jobs, moving to new places, and so much more; this can be scary! (I can’t tell y’all the number of times I called my mom or sat on my bed and cried to her about how life was changing and I was FREAKING out!) And as scary as it can be in the moment, it’s something I am definitely learning to embrace.
4. Don’t be afraid to change your mind.
This kind of piggy backs off the last one: as you grow you change, and your dreams and plans change too. I’m a person that makes plans and I’m scared to change them.  Because I don’t want people to think I failed. But just because you decide you want something different in life, work, school or anything, it c     doesn’t mean you failed at your original plan. This is something I really learned in the last year.
5. Take risks.
As much as I like making a plan and sticking to it, I equally love taking risks. I think taking risks is very important. You don’t have to live your life by the seat of your pants constantly, or never have a plan, but doing something spontaneous or scary from time to time can end up being some of the best things you ever do!
6. Don’t forget to live your life.
It’s so easy to get caught up in work or school. However,  there is so much more to life than that next promotion, more money, another degree, etc. In the midst of all that don’t forget to take trips, splurge on something to celebrate an accomplishment, do something fun with your friends. Life is too short to work your life away, so don’t forget to take time and enjoy your hard work.
7. Find a good workout routine… that you enjoy!
I think this extremely important for a couple reasons. Has anyone ever told you “you won’t be able to eat like that forever” as you shovel a brownie sundae in your face? Well people used to say that to me all the time and then when I was 24 I unfortunately found out what they meant. I gained a ton of weight and couldn’t really loose it because I didn’t have a fitness routine. The second being your health. Exercise is so important to your health. And while it might not be top priority in your 20’s, you will definitely thank yourself later in life; if you already have a routine established.











Top: Old Navy | Jeans: Lulus old (similar here love these) | Hat: Nordstrom old (similar here & here & here) | Sunnies: Rayban | Shoes: Target (great rockstud dupes!!) | Lipstick: Colour Pop Ultra Matte Lipstick in More Better (I LOVE Colour Pop lipstick!! It stays on forever and is $6!!!!)

 I hope y’all enjoyed these few bits of wisdom.
Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment