Thursday, October 18, 2018

Life Update: 10/18


Hi friends.
You might have noticed I’ve been a little MIA here lately. (Ok…more than a little.) I haven’t posted a blog post in about 3 weeks and have been super sporadic about posting on IG. (Other than when I was in California.) To be honest, I’ve been feeling uninspired the past month or so. Things have been super busy at work, I’ve been exhausted and it’s still 100 degrees out and all I want to do is shoot fall content. All these things just left me feeling burnt out. Normally I would push myself to just post some type of content, but I thought taking a break would be better. I’m so glad I decided to give myself a break.  After a bit of a recharge in California I have tons of new ideas and content coming to the blog. There will be lots of style content but also some other stuff. I have a few Five on Friday’s planned (a little bit of a different layout than in the past), some Wedding Wednesday posts, a California travel diary and of course some gift guides as we head into the Holiday’s.
Suffering from burn out in this industry can be scary. Especially if you are still so small and trying your best to grow. I can’t tell you how many times over the last 3 weeks I thought “Just post something!! You are losing followers, potential collabs and so much more!!” However sometimes a break is what you need and it can lead to even better things. 😊  



I hope this post gave you a little insight into why I haven’t been posting. I also hope it will help you make the decision to take a break from something if that’s what your body is telling you.

P.S. I was totally going to use different photos but these popped up when I opened my photo app and I just couldn't help myself!  How cute (and little) was Ramsey when he was like 3 months old?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment