Thursday, April 29, 2021

Spring in the West Village

 This was one of the best days of my recent trip to NYC.
It started out as a beautiful, sunny spring day so I decided to wear this dress. I knew I would be walking a lot so I decided to pair it with my favorite white sneakers. And let me just say that I'm glad I also threw on my leather jacket because it turned super cold and rainy just a little bit later. 
I met my best friend up town and we decided to venture down to the West Village for lunch. The West Village is so beautiful and I could get lost for hours just wandering the streets. There's so many pretty brownstones, cute shops and yummy restaurants. That's actually exactly what we did this day. There was a wait at the restaurant we wanted to eat at so we put our name on the list and just started walking around and popping into random shops. 
If you ever find yourself in NYC you have to spend some time here. 
And if you're hungry definitely check out Via Carota. That's where we ate and it was AMAZING!! We also may or may not have seen Jake Gyllenhaal. (Another friend later told us that apparently it's a hot spot for celebs.) 






Dress: H&M | Jacket: Topshop old (similar here & here) | Shoes: Nike | Sunnies: Quay Australia | 

I do want to take one more minute to talk about this outfit. 
I actually love how this outfit turned out. I don't think this is how I originally styled this dress in my mind, but it definitely works. I love when that happens.
My best friend also reminded me of how I always used to wear sneakers with my dresses when we were interns and he would make fun of me. Now it's super trendy. If you're looking for some sneakers to pair with your dresses (or anything else) I highly recommend these. They are probably one of my most worn shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment