Thursday, August 5, 2021

Dog Days of Summer

 I feel like we are definitely approaching the "dog days of Summer". 
It has been so freaking hot here lately. (The last 2 days have actually been a nice reprieve with it only reaching around 85 degrees.) 
With that being said, it's so hard to dress when it's 90+ degrees outside. 
So today I'm sharing one of the ways I stay cool when it's that hot!
Maxi dresses.
I know that sounds like a lot of fabric, but I honestly find myself reaching for some type of midi or maxi dress when it's so hot out. 
I think all that fabric makes them really flowy and breezy.
I bought this one back in the beginning of Summer and have found myself reaching for it a lot lately. 
It's a nice light color and the fabric hides sweat. 
I also really love the smock detail at the top. (It also comes with straps if you aren't into the strapless thing.)
I styled it with this wide brim hat because I really feel like I have been hiding from the sun lately. Anything to stay cool.









Dress: H&M | Hat: Lack of Color | Sandals: Tory Burch | Sunnies: Quay Australia | Lips: Bobbi Brown Crushed Lipstick in Sazan Nude with Bobbi Brown Crush Lip Gloss in Free Spirit on top

What are your tricks to staying cool in this heat? Next week I'm heading somewhere that will have highs in the triple digits every day! (Insert the wide-eyed emoji here.) Really open to any suggestions on how to beat that kind of heat.



No comments:

Post a Comment