Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Embrace the Shake (Pure Barre)

Hi friends.
Sorry today’s post is going up a little late. As most of you know, I live in Florida, and we were definitely impacted by hurricane Irma. Luckily nothing too bad here just lost power for a little, had some tree limbs down, and lost part of our fence. It definitely could have been a lot worse and it was in other parts of the state!

Today I want to share with y’all my love for Pure Barre!
Let me start with a little history of my workout/fitness journey.
I was a dancer my whole life. I’m talking from the time I was 3 until I graduated high school. There was a point I had classes 5 days a week and sometimes would have to practice on weekends as well. Because I was so active I never had to really worry about working out. Once I stopped dancing, I was still young enough to not really worry about gaining weight. Plus I had a pretty good metabolism. I would still go to the gym but, it was usually if friends were going or there was a beach vacation coming up. I also tended to do the whole go really hard for 2 months then not go for 2 months. This lasted from the time I was 19 until about a year ago. I actually gained a decent amount of weight my senior year of college and never really lost it. I finally lost some last year, before we went on a trip to Jamaica, and I started to feel a lot better about myself. I knew I needed a way to keep the weight off so I signed up for a 15K. Having never been a runner (I could barely get through a mile) I knew it would take a lot for me to train. Well, I made it through not only that first 15K but another one as well! By this point I really enjoyed running and it was easy to keep going. However, I knew I needed some type of strength training because cardio is great but you need balance.
Enter Pure Barre.
I had just moved back to Jax, and one of my best friends had just started going and LOVED it. I had always wanted to try it but, had heard so many mixed reviews from ex dancers. Some hated it because it goes against a lot of what you learn as a dancer but, some loved it. I also knew it could be a little pricy but they were doing a free week and a pretty awesome deal for your first month so I thought why not. Well I am on month 5, and I am so happy I made the decision to try it out. I am completely OBSESSED! Not only have I noticed a difference in my body but also J said at dinner one night “Your arms look really good. I guess those ballet classes (that’s what he calls it) are paying off”. They even have a cardio class that just launched. If you’re looking for a workout that will kick your booty…look no further than Empower! I sweat more in that class than I do on a 3 mile run in the Florida heat! No joke.
I typically go 4 or 5 times a week and most of those are early morning classes! (I am so not a morning person but, I guess when you really like something and commit to it you’ll do strange things. Haha) Now that they have regular barre and empower classes, I try to do barre 3 times and empower twice. I even signed up for a year membership and I think that really helps hold me accountable.
It also provides a great community of women and the teachers are so sweet and encouraging. If you need modifications they are quick to help and they always make you feel so welcome. 









Tank: House of Tens | Leggings: Victoria Sport old (I love all Victoria Sport pants here's a similar pair to the ones pictured) | Bra: Victoria Sport old (I also love all their sports bras) | Watch: Apple Watch Series 1, 42mm gold face with cocoa band

I really cannot say enough good things about Pure Barre. They have studios all over the country so, if you’re interested in trying it out for yourself go here and in the top right-hand corner you can search for a studio near you. If you’re local I encourage you to try out the Jax Beach location because the gals are super sweet.
Wherever you end up going I hope you embrace the shake!! (This is a term they use because when your muscles shake that means it’s working 😀)



No comments:

Post a Comment