Saturday, September 2, 2017

Five on Friday (but it's really Saturday!)

Happy September!
Today I’m back with my five on Friday(a day late so Saturday). I’m excited to share some Sunday tips with y’all; a couple things I’m excited about and a really exciting sale!
Let’s jump in, shall we?
1.    I am so excited for college football. I know it technically started Thursday but my team plays today. I think the FSU vs. Alabama game should be really exciting to start the season off. Not sure what we are doing for the game but most of my friends are FSU alum so you know it will be a good time.
2.   I’m also excited for pumpkin everything and fall! I feel like Starbucks normally releases pumpkin spice around this time, but I actually haven’t seen an officially release date yet. I did buy some cute Halloween decorations from the Target dollar section the other day. I might hit up Home Goods this weekend with my momma to get a few more. I love getting fun décor for all the different holidays!
3.   We all know the cliché saying, “A Sunday well spent brings a week of content.” Well the last few weeks I have gotten in a really good Sunday routine to set a good tone for my week. I thought I would share the 5 things I have been doing the last few Sundays to make sure my week starts out on the best foot possible.

Sunday To Do List
1.    On Sunday nights while J watches Game of Thrones I get my planner and write down everything I know I have to do that week. I put my blog posts on there, workouts, social activities, any instagram posts I know of, and anything else that will keep me organized. I leave it on a shelf next to my bed so every morning I can see exactly what I have planned that day.
2.   Plan as much as possible for the blog. I typically shoot on Sundays. Sometimes I bump it to Saturday, but usually Sunday mornings and/or afternoons are reserved for this. I also try and write, plan my instagram posts, respond to emails, and anything that will make my week run smoother. I would actually like to get in the habit of doing more for the blog on Sunday. This is my goal for September.
3.   This one isn’t technically a Sunday thing however; I always make sure I’m signed up for 6:30am Barre class. I usually schedule my classes as far in advance as possible but I always double check that  I’m signed up for a Monday morning class. This may seem a little weird; however, if I start my week working out first thing, it sets a good tone/goal for the rest of the week.
4.   Something relaxing: J and I will usually go for a nice long walk on the beach on Sunday. Usually this involves a nice glass of wine and coming home to make a good meal. I think this is a great way to unwind from all the fun of the weekend and it also gets you ready for the week. We know how lucky we are to live 1 block from the ocean and take advantage of that as much as possible.
5.   Think of the easiest Monday outfit. Most offices do casual Friday’s right? Well the first place I worked did casual Mondays and I thought that was genius. My current office is casual everyday but, I still embrace the casual Monday. Monday mornings are super hard for me (even though I manage to wake up and work out, weird I know) so the last thing I want to think about, is what to wear. Sunday night I usually look and see what easy knit throw on and go dress is clean and I plan that for my Monday outfit. It’s still put together and it’s easy and casual.

4. Now I would like to talk about hurricane Harvey a little. I have not been able to keep the TV off the news. I’m so heartbroken by all the footage. I know you have seen the devastation as well; I just want to say how important it is to do what ever you can for these people that have lost everything. My city was almost hit by a devastating hurricane last year and I cannot say enough about how lucky we are it turned just the slightest off course from hitting us. I also cannot imagine what all these Houstonians are going through. Here (love thiscajun navythis picture choked me up a bitpets getting rescued and there are so many more stories out there if you google)  are a few feel good stories of those helping the victims of Hurricane Harvey including JJ Watt's relief fund. (I think it’s AMAZING how much he has raised so far to help everyone.) I encourage you to do what you can no matter how big or small. Pray, donate (money, clothes, time, food, and any other items) just do whatever you can, no matter how big or small.
5. I want to end on a little bit of a lighter note…the Ulta 21 Days of Beauty!!! It starts on Sunday and if you go to this link it will tell you everything on sale over the 21 days. I’m super excited about Urban Decay on September 8th, Nars on September 10th, Urban Decay on September 14th, Mac on September 20th and Benefit on September 23rd. What are you most excited about?
Well if you’ve made it this far THANK YOU! This was such a long blog post, but I hope you enjoyed it. Let me know if you like these and what you would like to see.
I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend and more importantly, a great extra day off from work!

Thank you for reading. You don’t know how much it means!

No comments:

Post a Comment