Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Layers on Layers

Today I’m bringing you the perfect layered look.
I started thinking about layers a couple weeks ago; because layers and fall go hand in hand. As I was thinking about what I wanted to put together, this simple look came to mind. I figured it’s easy and I already had these pieces in my closet. Sometimes I get really excited about certain outfits but this one just seemed basic to me. That all changed when I put it on. Not to say it isn’t basic but, I realized I actually LOVE this look! I’m not sure if it’s the shoes, the vest, the tee or what but, I did not want to take this off. (I did though as soon as I got home because it was probably 90 degrees when I shot this.)
While all of these pieces work great together, they are equally great on their own as well. These are all staple pieces you should have in your closet. A utility vest is a great all year piece. They are light, but they add style and layers (literally and figuratively) to your look. They usually come in green, brown or navy, however green is my favorite.
A stripe shirt is a no brainer piece in my book. This is especially true if it’s a neutral color, because you can pair it with so many things. I picked this one up during the Nsale and they currently have an almost identical one for under $20!
Lastly, if you don’t have any slides in your closet I highly suggest you invest in a pair. They are definitely a huge trend this season and you don’t have to break the bank for a really cute pair. I will link some of the ones I currently have my eye on below.  










Shirt: Nordstrom (identical here) | Vest: Old Navy (similar here) | Denim: Lulus old (similar herehere & here) | Shoes: Lulus old (similar here & here love thesethesethese & these) | Sunnies: Nordstrom | Necklace: Forever21 currently waitlisted | Lipstick: Mac Cosmetics Matte Lipstick in Diva

I hope your week is off to a great start! How is the weather where you are? I am so desperately ready for fall temps. Until then I guess I’ll have to style this with shorts instead of jeans.

It's Tuesday and I'm linking up with Walking in Memphis in High HeelsThe Fashion CanvasVisions of Vogue & The Sister Studio for the Trend Spin Linkup! 


No comments:

Post a Comment