Thursday, September 28, 2017

Stepping Outside your Comfort Zone

Oh man! I am so happy it is almost the weekend! This has been the longest, craziest, busiest week EVER! At least I have today and tomorrow, and then I’m on vacation for the next 8 days!! (I’ll share with y’all where I’m heading tomorrow on the blog.)
Today I wanted to share this sweater with you for two reasons. One it’s on sale! I love when I buy things, and then they go on sale by the time I share them with y’all. Bonus if the full size run is still available. Unfortunately  there are only a few sizes left online for this guy.  Sorry about that. 
The second reason is I want to talk about stepping out of your style comfort zone. Now I’m sure you’re thinking “girlfriend, this is jeans and a sweater how in the world is that out of your comfort zone?!” Well it’s not exactly the outfit but the colors. I have never been one to wear blue on blue. I know that may sound weird but for whatever reason it’s just not my thing. I almost always pair my blue tops with white denim. However since fall is coming, I know I will be wearing white denim less and less. And this sweater will be great when it cools down. Enter light wash denim. Now you’re probably thinking “Duh! Why haven’t you thought of this before?” My answer to that is I am also not a light wash denim person.  At least I wasn’t until this year. I had my eye on this pair of denim for a while and got lucky at Nordstrom Rack a few months ago. (I have quickly acquired two other pairs of lighter wash denim. Linked below) And finally the other day I had this crazy idea of putting together two things I am not so crazy about and guess what? I am now CRAZY about this outfit. This just goes to show you shouldn’t be afraid to try something new. It may not always work out, but sometimes it just might surprise you.  











Sweater: Loft | Denim: Blank NYC (similar herehere, & here) | Shoes: Old (love these) | Sunnies: Ray-Ban | Earrings: Baublebar old (similar here) | Lipstick: Mac Cosmetics Amplified Lipstick in Chatterbox | Watch: Apple Watch Series 1 Gold 42mm face with Cocoa Band



No comments:

Post a Comment