Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Facial PT 3

I'm back to share my third and final installment in my facial series. 
This time we did things a little differently. I feel like the other two times (You can read part 1 here & part 2 here) were different, but this time was really different. Read on to see what we did this time around. 
It started off with a double cleanse like usual. This time it was really necessary because I actually wore makeup. The second cleansing helped to exfoliate my skin. I feel like it was getting it nice and ready for the next step. Normally Rayanna would use the ultrasonic and then a microdermabrasion, but she was running a special this month that I got to try instead. The special was a Yam & Pumpkin enzyme peel. Not going to lie... the word peel scared me a little. (Read my first post about Samantha from Sex & the City.) However, I trust Rayanna completely and know she would never do anything like that to my skin! 
Now if you read the other 2 posts you might be thinking "Katie, you get an enzyme mask every time" and you would be correct. However, and enzyme mask and an enzyme peel are pretty different. This one was much more intense which is why Rayanna skipped the ultrasonic and microdermabrasion. I normally have somewhat sensitive skin so Rayanna kept checking to see how my skin was feeling. I would describe the feeling overall as a tingle. It never got too intense which was nice. I was able to leave it on for a good amount of time and let it really go to work! When the time came to take the peel off my skin was SUPER red. (Totally normal. You can see photos below. Still nothing like Samantha from Sex & the City.) 
Rayanna immediately put Chamomile tonic on after to help neutralize the enzymes and tone down the redness. It felt really nice after the tingling sensation for 10-15 minutes.  After that is was time for one of my favorites... a facial massage with vitamin C serum. The one she uses smells SOOOO good. I also just love a good vitamin C serum. I use one every morning. After that she did the balancing gel mask which also helped to tone down the redness from the peel. (You can see a huge difference in the photos below.) 
After that it was time for the calming serum, eye cream, lip treatment, and Viola! All done! 
This was probably my favorite experience yet. I have LOVED all my facials but something about this peel just made this one my favorite. I am so so thankful Rayanna has helped me get my skin in "shape". hah. She has also helped my at home regimen. (I will be sharing that soon.)  If I can keep up with my exfoliating at home, which I have been my skin should be perfect for my wedding in less than 2 months. 
 Pre-facial
 After double cleanse
 After enzyme peel
 Balancing gel mask 
End result!! 

For all you brides (and non brides) in search of an esthetician to get your skin wedding ready you should definitely check out Rayanna! She is the sweetest person and super knowledgeable. She also just changed the name of her company and is no longer Beautifully Bare. You can find her instead at Royalty Beauty & Boutique. (Instagram: Royalty_Beauty_and_Boutique)
Don't forget to use code "KATIE10" for $10 off your first service. (Can be any service not just facials.)


No comments:

Post a Comment