Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Holiday Party: Tacky Christmas Sweater

Tis the season for holiday parties!
 I believe there are two types of parties this time of year: the work party/something classy and ugly Christmas sweater parties. Today I’m showing y’all my outfit for the latter. I feel like we really can’t call them “ugly” because they have become so trendy. I prefer to call them tacky. When I was a teenager, my mom had so many Christmas sweaters and I was always whining, “Mom why are you wearing those they are not cute.” Well this year we actually bought matching ones to wear on Christmas. Unfortunately, because of unforeseen circumstances, I will not be spending Christmas with my family. Nevertheless, I still plan on wearing this sweater on Christmas and to a tacky sweater party this weekend.
 With bottoms, you can go one of two ways. The first option would be going all out with some crazy Christmas leggings and maybe ugg boots. The second way is the look I went for with a little more basic bottom. I like that the leather leggings keep it simple and let the sweater be front and center. It would also look really cute and somewhere in between the two looks if you had sequin leggings. Add a red lip and a cute Christmas hat and you’re ready to go!
I think for my party I’m going to get some earmuffs and bling them out a la Chanel number three. Hehe







Sweater: Belk (another  here, love this one, and this one if you're going with a friend or SO this one is PERFECT!) | Leggings: Forever21 old (similar here and here if you want sparkle these are a great option) | Heels: Gianni Bini old (similar here love these and these and these) | Lip Color: Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Fiery | Wine Bag: Marshall's last year (similar here and here)

Have you gone to any sweater parties this year? If so what did you wear?

I'm linking up with Walking in Memphis in High HeelsThe Fashion Canvas, and The Mrs. & Co. today for the Trend Spin Link up.

No comments:

Post a Comment