Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Happy 2021

 Happy 2021!
I know I posted yesterday, but we are going to count this as the first official post of the new year! 
Can y'all believe we made it through 2020? It was definitely a really weird year. However, J and I were talking about it the other night and we were pretty blessed in the fact that it wasn't too bad for us. We were extremely lucky and got married the first week of January and didn't have to postpone. My heart literally broke for all the brides (friends & stranger) that had to change their dates and rearrange EVERYTHING!! I would have been a total wreck/bridezilla. 
We were also lucky we got to take a little trip to Paris. Our original honeymoon to Greece was definitely postponed, but I'm so thankful I somehow talked J into a "mini moon". 
We also got to spend a TON of time together. Not only because of WFH, but J only traveled 2 times this year. 
Another plus is we got to spend every freaking day with our best buddy Ramsey. (I hope we never go back to work because I don't know what that poor guy is going to do.)
We were both EXTREMELY fortunate to keep our jobs as well. Working in sports there were some very scary and stressful days for both of us. 
This is just a small look back at some positive things that happened in 2020. 

I know some were not as fortunate as us this year. If that is you my heart goes out to you. I don't say all this to brag and make 2020 seem like the perfect year for me. It definitely wasn't. My anxiety was at an all time high back in March and April. There were cancelled trips. I haven't seen my dad in a year! The list goes on and on. However, all of this to say I think 2020 was the year that taught me to look on the bright side. To look forward to things. No matter how small they might have been. 2020 was really the year that taught me to truly count my blessings and look at all the positive and good things in life. In a year like that it's the only thing that will get you through.
As bad as 2020 may have been there are a lot of lessons I hope to carry with me into 2021 and beyond. 
So Happy New Year and may 2021 be better than last year, but if it's not remember there are definitely brighter days coming... eventually! 














Shacket: Parkside Harbor | Top: Nordstrom | Jeans: Old Navy (more sizes available here)  |  Booties: Old (similar here here, & here) | Purse: Rebecca Minkoff | Sunnies: Quay Australia | Lipstick: Charlotte Tilbury Lip Lustre Lip Gloss Pillow Talk



No comments:

Post a Comment