Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Party Attire meets Cozy

Hi babes!
Happy Tuesday!
Today I have a really fun outfit to share with y’all.
Since starting my new job in March I find myself feeling pretty uninspired when it comes to putting outfits together. Wearing jeans and a cute top to work every day is great but, it can make it hard to change things up. As much as I love that I can wear whatever I want, I must admit I miss dressing up; and putting together fun and different outfits. I know that’s what the blog is for but, when you don’t have anywhere to wear these outfits you don’t exactly want to spend money on those types of clothes. This outfit really inspired me though, and is probably my favorite I’ve posted in a while.
I knew I wanted to style this skirt for the blog, because it’s perfect for the holiday. I wanted to do something different than a black top and leather jacket. I thought of a couple different tops and finally decided on this cozy sweatshirt. I love the mixture of party attire from the skirt, and the cozy factor the sweatshirt brings in. Something about it just works. To keep it more nighttime/holiday party appropriate I paired it with heels. I originally had a different pair in mind; however, when I put them on I didn’t like them. I tried on 3 other pairs, and then when I put these on even J was like I really like the blue! Haha. You know you gotta stick with the shoes when even your boyfriend makes a comment about how good it looks.
If I still worked in an office that required me to dress up I would totally wear this non-stop. Since I would get the weirdest looks if I wore this to work now I’ll have to settle for wearing it once to a holiday gathering of some sort.












Skirt: Dillard's old (similar here, here, & here) | Sweatshirt: Nordstrom sold out (similar hereherehere, love this) | Shoes: Steve Madden sold out (same shoe here different blue) | Sunnies: Nordstrom old (similar here & here) | Choker: Forever 21 | Earrings: old (similar here) | Lipstick: Mac Cosmetics Amplified Lipstick in Blankety with Lipglass in Snob layered on top

Thanks for stopping by! I hope everyone has a great week. I have a short week yet again, and will be taking a girl’s trip this weekend. Check back on Thursday for another fun holiday outfit, and read about where I’ll be heading this weekend. 

Today I'm linking up with Walking in Memphis in High HeelsThe Fashion CanvasVisions of Vogue, & KP Fusion for the Trend Spin Linkup! 

No comments:

Post a Comment